Here is a question from someone who is looking to do a complete basement renovation and need an estimation per square foot for the cost of the basement remodel. The renovation involves built in stone pillar bookshelves, counter bar, laminate floor and ceramic floor in bathroom, custom shower and carpeted stairs. Considering all it needs to be done it would be more accurate a full basement remodel cost estimation.
Per square foot cost of basement renovation?
Built in bookshelves with stone pillars, counter bar, laminate floor, suspended ceiling, custom shower in bathroom, ceramic tile floor in bathroom, carpeted stairs.
Cost per square foot?
Posted on trustedpros.ca
With that much detail I think you are better off getting a quote than using a cost per square foot estimate. Cost per square foot estimates I have finally given up on for all but the pros because there are so many variables that can change the cost per square foot from $20 to $200 or more. I just use an online basement finishing calculator instead, it is easier and gets my clients the info the need with zero hassle .Your list of features sounds great – with that much detail I think you are better off having a contractor come out – look at your project and give a bid. You will know for sure them for your budget and it is likely the contractor will have some comments about your plans – maybe you can do it for less or maybe there are some big obstacles?!
Cost of Finishing Basement 4 Most Important Variables:
- Who does the work. Will you do some of the work to finish your basement? a lot of it or all of it? Will you hire a contractor to finish your basement. This decision has a big influence on costs.
- What materials are used for finishing your basement. Will you use carpet, tile, engineered flooring or hardwood when finishing your basement. The materials you choose when finishing your basement are second biggest cost driver for the cost of finishing your basement.
- The design and obstacles, if any, to construction. If your basement has 8 foot ceilings and no pipes or ducts in the way then finishing your basement will be much easier than if you have to move pipes and go to a lot of extra work to make the space useable.
- Where the home is located. You don’t have much choice about this but you can hire workers from a lower cost area to travel to your home to finish your basement and that will save on the cost.
For many basement remodeling projects the flooring and the drywall installation and texturing are the most expensive elements of the project. The other challenge with basement remodeling is that the project is typically “small” so many contractors are not interested in doing this type of work.
How the Basement Remodeling Price Calculator Works
For an initial budget you can use industry cost averages – like $4,000 for finishing a basement but no one lives in an average house in an average city! Another common method is to create an estimate using a cost per square foot method. This is very popular and effective for builders since they have developed a dollar per square foot that reflects their business and costs. Unfortunately dollar per square foot estimates need to be adjusted based on what is in that square foot! If it is the garage or a bathroom the cost can vary from $25 to $250 and more. So estimating this way works best for the pros.
The Remodelormove.com cost to finish a basement calculator combines both methods to provide an estimate of the cost to remodel your bathroom. The calculators use your location to estimate labor costs, your preferences for types of materials and fixtures as well as how much work you would like to do. Choosing economy, average or expensive materials for your remodel has a big impact on the overall costs for the kitchen and bathroom renovations and additions. The cost of materials has less of an impact on rooms like garage and bedroom additions.
- Remodeling costs estimator
- Costs for remodelling rooms
- Home Renovation cost calculator
- Renovation calculator
- Home remodeling calculator
- Room addition floorplans
- Room addition floor plans and Ideas
- Split level home renovation ideas