The Publishers Clearing House “Win $100,000.00 For Remodeling Your Home” Giveaway is on now!
Use our remodel cost calculators to find out WHAT $100,000 will buy you.
So what can $100,000 buy you when you remodel?
It depends on 4 key factors:
- Who does the work- do you do it all yourself, hire a few subcontractors or hire a full service design build general contractor?
- What materials are used – this can range from $1 per square foot tile to $20 a square foot for tile as an example. Kitchen faucets can range from $30 to $700 or more.
- The design – Move a sink or toilet and that can add $500 to $1000 to the bathroom remodel or kitchen renovation costs.
- Where the home is located – labor rates in different areas vary A LOT! When you call contractors get quotes from ones who work in your neighborhood and get quotes from ones who live and work 30 minutes away in a less expensive area – with homes that sell for much less than yours.
Average costs to remodel a bathroom are about $8,000
Average cost to ADD a bathroom is closer to $20,000
Average kitchen remodel costs is $25,000
Average cost to add a family room, living room or dining room is $30,000
Average cost to finish an attic or finish your basement is $10,000
To build a garage or add on to your existing garage is $20,000 per stall.
So with $100,000 you can do a lot of remodeling! That is really enough in some areas to build a new 2,000 square foot house! For others $100,000 will pay just for a kitchen remodel – so much of remodeling and building is driving by cost of labor and the materials YOU choose to use. The materials that matter to the remodeling cost isnt the 2×4 or plywood. It is the finished flooring, lighting, cabinets, that can swing the price from $50 a square foot to $500 or more per square foot for construction
Try the Bathroom Remodel Cost Calculator! It is Free! And only takes a minute to get an estimate. The calculator uses your homes location, the amount of work you will do, the materials you will use and the size of your bathroom to give you a rough estimate of the cost to remodel your bathroom.
Bathroom Renovation Cost Calculator – Free and instant remodeling cost estimates.
How the Bathroom Remodeling Price Calculator Works
For an initial budget you can use industry cost averages – like $200 a square foot for remodel a bathroom but no one lives in an average house in an average city! Another common method is to create an estimate using a cost per square foot method. This is very popular and effective for builders since they have developed a dollar per square foot that reflects their business and costs. Unfortunately dollar per square foot estimates need to be adjusted based on what is in that square foot! If it is the garage or a bathroom the cost can vary from $100 to $500 and more. So estimating this way works best for the pros.
The Remodelormove.com cost bathroom remodel cost calculator combines both methods to provide an estimate of the cost to remodel your bathroom. The calculators use your location to estimate labor costs, your preferences for types of materials and fixtures as well as how much work you would like to do. Choosing economy, average or expensive materials for your remodel has a big impact on the overall costs for the kitchen and bathroom renovations and additions. The cost of materials has less of an impact on rooms like garage and bedroom additions.
The labor costs include both the fees and markups added by general contractors as well as the labor of the tradespeople who do the framing. Flooring, tile, drywall, etc. All of this work can be done by a homeowner. If you choose to do some of the work yourself, make sure you do a lot of practice before taking on the task for you home. What looks easy on a youtube video invariably has a lot of tricks and techniques that aren’t obvious; especially with plumbing!
More Quick Links:
- Estimating remodeling costs
- Remodeling costs for rooms
- Home Renovation cost calculator
- Renovation calculator
- Home renovation calculator
- Room addition floorplans
- Room addition floor plans and Ideas
- Split level home renovation ideas and photos
Payback from remodeling your bathroom
When calculating the cost of your project be sure to consider the net when using a bathroom remodeling price calculator. This is the cost of your bathroom remodel minus what your home will appreciate due to the remodeling work. The calculator provides an estimate of this payback as well. This is estimated by the value of your home, the cost of your remodel and the typical payback for that type of project. Remember, the amount your home will appreciate – the payback – for your remodel is determined only at the time of sale and by a buyer. If you have any questions talk with an experienced real estate agent who is familiar with the prices of homes in your neighborhood.
Along with getting a bathroom n remodeling calculator estimate, dreaming of what it will look like is a favorite first step for homeowners. Try our IdeaFile to search millions of kitchen, bathroom and home pictures and save and share what you find. Click here.
10 tips to start your Bathroom Remodel right!
- Determine your budget using a kitchen remodeling cost estimator
- Search, save, and share design ideas using the IdeaFile
- Hire an interior designer to review your needs and your homes current condition and get their advice and design ideas
- Update design and budget as necessary
- If your hiring a general contractor begin interviewing – interview at least 5
- If you DIY, check with the local government to see if a permit is required.
- After talking with contractors – write out a detailed specification for your project.
- If you DIY, begin looking for tradespeople and sub-contrators to do the work you won’t do.
- Review quotes and do background and reference check on contractors and create a contract
- Sign contract and begin work!