If you have an iPhone with a broken or unresponsive display, you can still factory reset the device. To do this, you will first need access to a computer with iTunes installed. Connect your iPhone to the computer using your charging cable and open iTunes.
You should be able to see the “Summary” screen for the iPhone.
Next, press both the “Home” and “Power” buttons at the same time on your iPhone. Continue holding the two buttons until the “Recovery” logo appears on the display. When you see the logo, release both buttons.
The device will then enter recovery mode.
On your computer, you should now see confirmation that your iPhone has been detected in recovery mode. Select “Restore” and the factory reset process will begin. Be aware that the process will remove all the data on the phone, so make sure to back up your information beforehand.
The entire process can take up to a few hours to finish, so be patient. Once completed, your iPhone will be restored to its factory reset state.
How do I force my iPhone 11 to factory reset with buttons?
If you would like to factory reset your iPhone 11 with buttons, here is what you need to do:
1. Make sure that your device is turned off.
2. Press and hold the Volume Up button and the Side button together until the Apple logo appears.
3. When you see the Apple logo, release the buttons and the device will enter Recovery mode.
4. You then need to connect your device to a computer running iTunes or Finder on MacOS Catalina or later.
5. Once you are connected, you will see an “Update” or “Restore” button on the iTunes or Finder window.
6. Click on the option to restore and iTunes will reinstall the latest iOS version on your iPhone 11 and erase all of its content and settings.
7. When the process is complete, your device will be like new and you can set it up as if it were brand new.
How do you fix an iPhone 11 screen that won’t swipe?
If your iPhone 11’s screen won’t swipe, the first step is to try restarting the device. To do this, press and hold the Power (top) and Volume Down buttons for about 10 seconds. When you see the Apple logo appear, you can let go of the buttons.
Once the device fully restarts, check to see if the issue has been resolved.
If the problem persists, you may need to force restart the iPhone 11 by pressing and releasing the Volume Up button, then pressing and releasing the Volume Down button, and then pressing and holding the Power button until the Apple logo appears.
This should help to troubleshoot any issues with the device’s software.
If the screen still won’t swipe, you may need to take the device to an Apple store or authorized repair shop for further assessment. The technician may need to replace the screen or underlying components in order to get the device working properly.
What does it mean when you can’t touch your iPhone screen?
When you can’t touch your iPhone screen it typically means that the screen has stopped responding to touch input. This is usually caused by some kind of underlying issue with the phone, such as a software issue or a hardware issue.
The most common reason for an iPhone not responding to touch is due to a software issue, where either the device operating system or an app has become corrupted. In these cases, it is usually necessary to factory reset the device or reinstall/update the bad app.
Another possible reason for an iPhone not responding to touch is a hardware malfunction. The display of an iPhone is built up of a number of components that must all work in harmony to produce an appropriately functioning touch screen.
If any of the components malfunction then the display may not respond to touch. This may require the device to be taken to an Apple store or a repair center for further investigation.
Can you wipe a phone with a broken screen?
Yes, you can wipe a phone with a broken screen, although it may be more difficult than wiping a phone with a functional display. To do this, you will need to connect the phone to a computer using a USB cable.
Then, you can use the same method you would use to wipe a functional phone: depending on the phone model, you could use the factory reset option from the settings menu, or use recovery software to wipe the device.
Make sure that before you start, you have backed up any important data such as contacts, photos, and other files since this process will erase all information stored on the device.
How do you wipe a cracked phone?
When wiping a cracked phone, the most important factor to keep in mind is safety. You don’t want to risk damaging the phone or injuring yourself. Be sure to turn off the device before starting.
Start by using a soft, lint-free cloth to gently wipe the dust and debris from the cracks. If there is any dirt lodged in the deep, use a cotton swab to carefully get it out.
Once the device is clean and dry, use an alcohol-based clean solution to sanitize it and remove any bacteria or oils that may be present. This will prevent more dirt from accumulating in the cracks. Use the cloth to gently rub the liquid over the damaged area.
Make sure not to saturate the phone, as this can damage the internal components and cause a short circuit.
Finally, if possible, use masking tape to cover up any big cracks. You can use a hot air gun to heat up the tape and make it stick to the phone’s glass. This will protect the inside of the phone and help keep it safe.
By taking these steps, you can safely wipe a cracked phone and help prevent further damage.
How do I fix my Samsung unresponsive touch screen?
If your Samsung phone’s touch screen is unresponsive, there are a few steps you can try to get it back up and running.
1. Try Restarting Your Device: Restarting your device is the easiest and quickest way to see if the issue is a temporary glitch that a restart will fix. Press and hold the power button for a few seconds until your device shuts down, then turn it back on again and check to see if the screen is now responding.
2. Check Screen Protector: If you have a screen protector on your device, it could be causing the unresponsiveness. Carefully remove the protector to see if that solves the problem.
3. Check for System Updates: Software updates can sometimes address screen recognition problems, so check that you have the latest OS and security updates on your device.
4. Wipe System Cache: A system cache wipe can refresh your device, and may help with any unresponsiveness issues. Find the ‘wipe cache partition’ option in the recovery mode menu, and select it to clear the system cache.
5. Factory Reset: A factory reset wipes everything from the device, restoring it back to the same condition it was in when you first bought it. It’s not ideal, as it involves erasing all of your data, but it’s the best way to make sure the issue isn’t related to any content you have stored on the device.
If these steps don’t help, it could be an issue with the hardware. If your device is still under warranty, you should contact the manufacturer for assistance.
How do you reset a Samsung phone that is locked and won’t turn off?
If your Samsung phone is locked and won’t turn off, you should try to reset it using the following steps:
1. First, try to power off the device with the Volume Down key and Power button. Turn off your smartphone by holding down these buttons until the screen shuts off.
2. If this doesn’t work, you should then try to enter safe mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down button and the Power button. When the Samsung logo appears, release the Power button, but continue to keep the Volume Down button pressed until the device finishes the restart process.
3. Once the device has booted into safe mode, you may be able to unlock the phone. If you are still unable to unlock the device, you should then try a factory reset.
4. To factory reset your Samsung phone, go to the Settings menu and scroll down to the Backup and reset option. On the Backup and reset page, select the Factory Data Reset option and follow the prompt to restart your device.
5. Once the factory reset is complete, your phone should be unlocked and should be back to its normal state.
What is the code to reset Samsung phone?
The code to reset a Samsung phone will depend on the type of device being used and the version of Android that it is running. Generally speaking, if you want to reset your device to its factory settings, you can do so through the Backup and reset menu in Settings.
To access this menu, open the Settings app and scroll to the bottom of the page. Next, select Backup and reset and then select Factory data reset. Finally, select the Reset phone option to begin the reset process.
In some cases, a different code is used to reset the device. For example, if you are running a newer version of Android (4.4 or higher) and have a Samsung device, you can use the code *2767*3855# to perform a factory reset.