Skip to Content

Is muscari edible?

No, muscari (also known as grape hyacinths) are not edible. These attractive blue flowers belong to the lily family and may look like edible grapes, but consuming them can lead to a variety of unpleasant side effects.

Eating muscari can cause nausea, vomiting, abdominal pain, diarrhea, dizziness, and weakness. In severe cases, muscari ingestion can even result in anaphylaxis, which is an extreme allergic reaction that can be deadly.

For these reasons, it is best to avoid consuming these flowers.