Instead of a TV cabinet, you could use a floating shelf, an entertainment center, a bookshelf, an armoire, a credenza, a sideboard, or even a dresser, depending on your space and style preferences. Floating shelves are a great option for modern and minimalistic decor and offer the most flexibility with shelf spacing and height.
An entertainment center provides shelves, compartments, and cupboards to accommodate your TV and all its components. Alternatively, a bookshelf or armoire might better suit your room if you plan to keep books, photographs, and other items of decor on display.
A credenza or sideboard may provide a larger base or structure and is great if you plan to stow items that you don’t access on a regular basis. If you have a spare dresser, it can easily be turned into a TV cabinet simply by adding a board or shelf onto the top.
What else can TV stands be used for?
TV stands can be used for more than just holding a television set. They can be great for additional storage for media, gaming systems, and speaker systems. If you have a smaller home and need to save space, you can use a TV stand to store items like books, gaming controllers, TV remotes, and movies.
People may also choose to use the stand as a workspace for their laptop, tablet, or gaming console. If you want to use your TV stand as an entertainment center, you can also deck it out with decorations, candles, and other fun items.
You can also use the shelf of the TV stand to place plants, photo frames, ornaments, and other types of decorative pieces. You can get creative and use the space to your liking. TV stands can be a great multi-purpose piece of furniture in any home.
How do you make a TV bench?
Making a TV bench can be a time consuming and painstaking task, but it is well worth the effort. Before starting, it is important to have all necessary tools and materials at the ready.
1. Measure and cut two pieces of lumber that will serve as the sides of the bench and two additional pieces of lumber that will be the top and bottom.
2. Cut four pieces of lumber to serve as legs.
3. Sand each piece of lumber with an orbital sander so that it is smooth and even.
4. Screw each main piece of plank together with corresponding legs.
5. Measure and cut four pieces of plywood that are slightly larger than the TV bench.
6. Glue and attach the plywood to the top of the bench with wood glue and wood screws.
7. Sand down the bench one final time with the orbital sander to make sure that the joint is even.
8. Cut four pieces of 1×1 trim to use as the frame for the bench, and glue and nail the trim to the bench.
9. Finish the TV bench with either a clear sealer or paint.
10. Attach the TV bench with bolts or screws.
Following these steps can create a sturdy and durable TV bench. Additionally, if desired, decorations and ornaments can be added for a personalized look.
How do you make a homemade TV wall mount?
Making a homemade TV wall mount involves a few easy steps:
1. First, measure your TV to make sure that it is the right size to fit the wall mount. Measure the width and the height of the television, and make sure that it is the same size as the mount.
2. Next, find the wall studs located behind your wall. Use a stud finder or probe to locate the wall studs, as it is important to have a secure fit when mounting your TV.
3. After that, mark the mounting points in the wall using a pencil or pen. When marking the wall studs, it is important to note that the screws should line up with the center of the studs for the most secure fit.
4. Finally, use the proper drill bit to drill holes in the wall aligned with the marked points. Use the appropriate screws and washers to secure the mount, and insert the screws into the holes. Make sure the screws are tight and secure, as this will ensure a safe and secure attachment of your TV to the wall.
With these simple steps, you can make a homemade TV wall mount and get your TV in the right spot!
How do I build a TV lift cabinet?
Building a TV lift cabinet can be a rewarding DIY project that allows you to customize the size, design, and specific features. To get started, you will need the following tools and supplies:
• Plywood sheets
• Kreg jig
• Pine boards
• Panel boards
• Framing nails
• Finish nails
• TV lift mechanism
• TV brackets
• Paint, stain, and sealant
Once you have the necessary items, you can begin the build process.
1. Start by measuring and cutting the plywood sheets to the desired size for the back side, sides, and top and bottom of the cabinet.
2. Use a Kreg jig to drill pocket holes in the side and back panels of the cabinet and use the framing nails to attach them to the top, bottom, and sides.
3. Measure and cut the pine boards to the desired size for the outside trim. Attach these boards to the cabinet with finish nails.
4. Cut the panel boards and attach them to the inside of the cabinet with finish nails.
5. Attach the TV lift mechanism to the panels and use the TV brackets to secure the television in place.
6. Paint, stain, and seal to protect the wood and complete your TV lift cabinet.
How much does it cost to build a TV stand?
The cost of building a TV stand will depend on the type of materials used, the complexity of the design, the size, and the number of features. For example, a simple TV stand made of basic wooden materials can cost around $50-$100.
A more complex and larger stand made of more expensive materials like metal and glass could cost anywhere from $100-$500. Additionally, a TV stand with added features like storage shelves, drawers, or doors, may cost more.
In any case, it is important to consider the different costs associated with materials, tools, and labour in order to come up with a more accurate cost.
How do you make a floating entertainment center?
Making a floating entertainment center is a great way to add a stunning and functional piece of furniture to your home. It may appear quite challenging, but it is actually a relatively straightforward process that can be accomplished in a few hours.
The following steps will provide you with the information you need to make your own floating entertainment center.
1. Plan the Design: Start by measuring the wall space for the entertainment center and deciding on the height and width of the unit. You can then either purchase or build the cabinets or shelves to hold the TV and other audio-visual components.
Make sure that the unit fits in the space you have allocated and is securely mounted onto the wall.
2. Assemble the Unit: Once you have the cabinet or shelves, you need to assemble it according to the instructions. This means correctly mounting the bottom and top pieces of the unit and attaching all the side components.
Make sure that everything is firmly secured so that it can easily support the weight of a television.
3. Hang the Unit: When the unit is securely assembled, it’s time to hang it on the wall. You should mount the unit to at least two studs in the wall to ensure stability. When the unit is in place, you can then attach the electronic components.
4. Add Finishing Touches: Now that the floating entertainment center is finished, you can add finishing touches such as decorative moldings, trim, or accents to complete the look you’re going for.
Making a floating entertainment center is straightforward once you have all the components and plans in place. Careful attention to detail will ensure your entertainment center is both functional and visually appealing.
How do I build a reclaimed wood TV stand?
To build a reclaimed wood TV stand, you will need the following supplies: a saw (circular or jigsaw), drill and drill bits, measuring tape, a pencil, sandpaper, wood screws, wood glue, and reclaimed wood.
You can typically find reclaimed wood at construction sites or shops that supply antique furniture.
1. Begin by measuring your TV to know how big your TV stand should be. Make sure you leave room for the base of the stand to fit beneath the TV. Mark these measurements onto the reclaimed wood.
2. Make any cuts needed using the saw.
3. Use the drill to make any necessary holes or countersinks.
4. Begin to assemble the pieces of the TV stand. Line up the pieces according to your measurements and predrilled holes, and use wood glue and wood screws to begin building the stand.
5. Sand down the surface to get rid of any rough edges or splinters.
6. Finish the TV stand by staining or painting it to your desired color.
7. Place your TV on the stand, and enjoy!
How do you build a floating wall for a TV?
Building a floating wall for a TV is a great way to give your living room an aesthetically pleasing finish. There are a few steps to follow in order to complete this project.
Carefully measure and mark the wall you want to put your floating shelf on. Make sure you have chosen the right wall and have the appropriate space available. Use a stud finder to locate the studs in the wall.
Use a level to ensure you have your measurements right.
Choose a floating shelf that is appropriate for the size and make of your TV. It’s important to get one that is sturdy enough to hold the weight of your TV.
Attach the shelf to the wall using the appropriate screws. Make sure you use the right measurements so that the shelf will be securely attached to the wall.
Mount your TV to the wall and attach the cables. Make sure all of your cords are properly routed and tucked away so that they won’t be visible.
Finally, you will want to add a few decorations to complete the look of your floating wall. You can add some picture frames, candles, or other decorative items to add a nice finishing touch.