The top drawer of a dresser is the perfect spot to store items that you use often. Depending on the size of the drawer, you can put items like t-shirts, tank tops, jeans, and shorts as well as underwear, socks, and undershirts.
Alternatively, it can be used to store items such as cami’s, camisoles, night dresses, warm pajamas, and bathrobes. You can also store items like hat and gloves, belts, and small towels. If you have enough room, you can also add items such as scarves and pantyhose or tights.
- How do I organize my drawers tops?
- What can I use to cover the top of a dresser?
- What should I keep on my dresser?
- How can I decorate my bedroom dresser?
- What can I put in an empty drawer?
- How do I keep my dresser clutter free?
- What can I put on top of a dresser so it doesn’t scratch?
- How do you dress the top of a dresser?
- How do you fix an antique dresser drawer?
- What order should clothes go in drawers?
- How do you fold tops to save space?
How do I organize my drawers tops?
Organizing drawers tops is an important way to maximize the available space in your home. The best way to organize drawers tops is to sort items by usage. Here are a few tips to get you started:
• Start by emptying out the drawers completely and wiping down the area.
• Separate the contents into categories based on their primary use. It’s helpful to have categories such as underwear and socks, kitchen utensils and supplies, office supplies, hobby supplies, etc.
• If you know that you frequently use items together, store them in the same container. For example, store baking supplies in the same drawer or container.
• Larger items such as pans, cutting boards, and foil can be stored on the bottom of the drawer; this helps to make the contents easier to access.
• Utilize drawer organizers, dividers and bins to help separate and organize items. You can find drawer organizers of all shapes and sizes at most home goods stores or online.
• Consider adding labels to drawers tops or containers to help you quickly find items that you need.
• Finally, be sure to maintain your drawer organization by regularly decluttering and cleaning.
What can I use to cover the top of a dresser?
A great option for covering the top of a dresser is a table runner. Table runners come in a variety of colors, patterns, fabrics, and sizes, so you can easily find the right one to fit your dresser. They are also great for adding style and color to the room, while protecting the surface of the dresser from dust, spills, and scratches.
Another option is to use a tablecloth, which would provide more coverage to the surface of the dresser, while also adding a pop of color. Additionally, you can lay a piece of fabric or scrapbooking paper over the dresser top to give an extra decorative touch.
What should I keep on my dresser?
The items you choose to keep on your dresser is completely up to you and what you need. However, if you are looking for some ideas, consider keeping items like a small jewelry box, a lamp to provide extra lighting, a diary or journal and a pen, a few photo frames displaying pictures of your loved ones, diffuser or scented candles (depending on your preferences), a few decorative items like plants or trinkets, and, finally, a nice box or decorative basket to store items like cozy socks and other personal items.
Ultimately, this is up to you, but these are some items you may want to consider keeping on your dresser.
How can I decorate my bedroom dresser?
Decorating your bedroom dresser is a great way to add a personal touch to your bedroom and make it more inviting. Here are some ideas to help you get started.
1. Add Floral Arrangements: Adding a few beautiful floral arrangements to your dresser is an elegant and simple way to add a touch of color to your bedroom. Use a selection of seasonal wildflowers, or keep it more modern and opt for a mix of succulents and faux florals.
2. Hang Mirrors: Mirrors can help make a room feel bigger and brighter and are an ideal item to add to your dresser. Choose a bold hanger design that will stand out and add a decorative touch to your room.
3. Incorporate Baskets: Placing a few baskets of varying sizes on the dresser can add both visual appeal and functionality. Place items you would like to keep out of sight, such as books, removable storage bins, or scarves, in them.
4. Add A Lamp: With a simple and stylish lamp, your dresser instantly becomes a functional and decorative object. You can find all sorts of decorative lamps, ranging in size, shape, and style, that will fit right in with the rest of your décor.
5. Display Artwork: Whether it’s a framed picture, a small block printed painting, or a sculpture, artwork is a great way to bring more life to your dresser. Choose something that reflects your personal style and ties in with the rest of your décor.
What can I put in an empty drawer?
There are countless things that you can put into an empty drawer. Some ideas are office supplies like paper clips, sticky notes, and pens and pencils; craft supplies like markers, glitter, and fabric pieces; stickers, stationery cards and envelopes; hair clips and other hair accessories; jewelry and earrings; T-shirts or jerseys; socks; mittens and gloves for colder temperatures; small containers for storing snacks; and even a mini filing cabinet to store important documents.
Depending on your lifestyle and personal interests, you can put even more items in your empty drawer, including magazines, books, picture frames, and more.
How do I keep my dresser clutter free?
Keeping your dresser clutter free may require a bit of effort and some organization on your part, but it is definitely achievable!
First, you will want to make sure that you have enough storage space for all of your belongings. Consider adding extra drawers to the dresser if it’s possible. If you can’t add drawers, you can use bins and shelves for extra storage.
Next, you need to get rid of any items that you don’t need. Take out anything that you don’t use regularly and put it in a box or donate it. This will free up extra space and make it easier to stay organized.
Finally, make sure to store items in the right areas. Place folded clothing in drawers, while hanging items should be hung up or placed on hangers. Keep items such as jewelry, makeup, and sunglasses in containers or boxes on top of the dresser.
This will help keep everything neat and organized.
By utilizing extra storage, purging possessions, and organizing your belongings, you can easily create a clean and clutter-free dresser.
What can I put on top of a dresser so it doesn’t scratch?
Using felt protectors are a great way to avoid scratching the top of a dresser. You can easily purchase sheets of felt from your local craft store or online in a variety of colors and textures. Depending on the size of the dresser, you can simply cut the felt to fit the top and then stick it in place with a quality craft glue or adhesive.
You can also purchase pre-cut felt protectors, often in round shapes, to fit on top of dressers. You can add a touch of style and color to the dresser by selecting a felt protector that has an interesting pattern or texture.
Whatever you choose, it will provide a protective barrier between items stored on the dresser and the dresser’s surface.
How do you dress the top of a dresser?
When dressing the top of a dresser, the easiest way is to start with the largest piece and then work down to the smallest. For example, you can start by placing a vase or a lamp on one end of the dresser and then follow that with a framed photo or a decorative bowl.
Placing knick knacks or other small items further down the dresser can add dimension and character. Along the back of the dresser, you can place a few framed photos or an ornate mirror. Populating the dresser with bits and pieces of personal items, like vases, frames, and books, can create a collage-like design.
Consider layering small pieces together to create a harmonious look. Lastly, pair any complements with flowers or plants, if desired, to add a splash of color and life to the top of the dresser.
How do you fix an antique dresser drawer?
Repairing an antique dresser drawer typically depends on the type of damage that it has sustained. Minor damage, such as a loose drawer or a broken drawer bottom, can usually be easily repaired. Loose drawers can be fixed by applying a small amount of wood glue to the existing joints, making sure it is dry before moving on.
A broken drawer bottom, on the other hand, can be replaced entirely with a new piece of wood that has been cut to size and sanded down before being installed. For more significant damage, such as a cracked or split drawer, the entire drawer may need to be replaced.
Once you have identified the materials and tools required for the project, the next step is to carefully remove the old drawer, taking care to remove any hardware that may be attached. Once the old drawer is removed, it is important to make sure the new drawer is cut to the correct size and shape.
Once the new drawer is installed, any hardware should be firmly attached. Finally, the drawer should be polished and treated to protect the wood and bring out the wood’s natural beauty. Once these steps are completed, you should have a working antique dresser drawer that is any quality piece of furniture.
What order should clothes go in drawers?
When organizing clothing in drawers, it is important to divide clothes into similar categories to make it easier to find items. For instance, shirts should be placed together, long-sleeved shirts should be kept separate from short-sleeved shirts, sweaters should be grouped together, and pants should be separate from skirts and shorts.
Within each category, items should be organized by size and color. In addition, packing one shirt on top of each other instead of folding them will help save space and make them easier to find. Any items that don’t fit in drawers (like bulky items, jeans, and jackets) can be hung up.
Lastly, to make sure future searches for clothes remain organized, a system of boxes and labels can be used to ensure that nothing gets mixed up.
How do you fold tops to save space?
Folding tops to save space is a great way to help organize your closet and make life easier! Here are some helpful tips for folding tops efficiently in order to maximize space:
1. Start by laying the top flat on a table or bed. Gently smooth out any wrinkles or creases.
2. Fold the top in half length-wise.
3. Fold it in thirds width-wise.
4. Flatten any excess material.
5. Last, fold the sides in towards the center.
This method will give you a neat and compact bundle that can be easily stored without taking up too much space. You can also use this method for folding pants, skirts, and any other type of clothing.
It takes a bit of practice to get it right but is worth it in the end – especially when you have a neat and tidy closet!.