There are several herbs that are known to help with dry skin, including:
1. Calendula: Calendula has a high content of flavonoids, which are antioxidants that help to soothe and repair dry and damaged skin. It also has anti-inflammatory properties, which can help to reduce redness and inflammation associated with dry skin.
2. Chamomile: Chamomile is known for its soothing properties, and can be used topically or ingested as a tea to help reduce skin inflammation and irritation caused by dryness. It also contains a compound called bisabolol, which has anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and antifungal properties.
3. Aloe vera: Aloe vera is a natural humectant, which means it helps to retain moisture in the skin. It also has anti-inflammatory properties, making it a great option for soothing dry, itchy skin.
4. Lavender: Lavender is a natural antiseptic with anti-inflammatory properties, making it ideal for use on dry and damaged skin. It can also help to reduce redness and soothe irritation.
5. Rosemary: Rosemary is rich in antioxidants and has antimicrobial properties, making it great for preventing damage to the skin caused by free radicals and environmental irritants. It can also help to stimulate circulation, which can help to improve the tone and texture of dry skin.
In addition to these herbs, it’s also important to make sure you’re maintaining good overall skin health by staying hydrated, using a gentle cleanser, avoiding harsh soaps and hot water, and using a moisturizer that’s specifically formulated for dry skin.