There are a few things you can do with a closet that has deep sides.
One option is to install shelves on either side of the closet. You can find shelving units at your local hardware store or you can make your own with wood or even plexiglass. Just make sure the shelves are securely fastened to the walls.
This way, you can easily organize and store items that may otherwise take up too much space in the closet.
Another thing to consider is adding a pull-out rack. This is especially useful if you have items like boots and umbrellas that need to be stored in an upright position. If you do choose this option, make sure you install the rack on wheels so that you can easily pull it out when you need to access items in the back of the closet.
If you are looking for a more decorative solution, fabric boxes or baskets may be the way to go. You can find a variety of sizes and styles to match the décor of your bedroom or closet and they are great for storing items like scarves and hats.
If you decide to go this route, hang the boxes or baskets on hooks or otherwise secure them to the walls so that they will not tip over when you open and close the closet doors.
Finally, if you want to make the most of the space in your closet with deep sides, consider installing a drawer system. Sliding drawers are perfect for storing items like socks and underwear that often get lost in the back of the closet.
This way, you will be able to easily see and access all of your items with just one glance.
How do you organize odd shaped closets?
Organizing a closet with an odd shape can be challenging, but with a few strategic steps, you can make the most of the space. Here are the steps to help you get started:
1. Measure the closet and assess the storage space. Measure the closet accurately and make a floor plan to help you determine the best way to use the space. Take into account any special features such as shelves, alcoves, hooks or drawers and plan accordingly.
2. Clear out what you don’t need. Doing a major purge of items can help you make the best use of the space available in the closet. Donate, sell or throw away anything you don’t need and that you haven’t used in a while.
3. Separate and divide items. Divide the closet into different sections and group items according to their purpose. Consider separating by categories such as daily wear, accessories, and seasonal items.
4. Add attractive storage solutions. Try to work with the shape of your closet and create different storage zones. Hang shelves along the walls, use rods at different levels, install adjustable furniture and look for creative solutions to add some design interest.
5. Utilize vertical space. Make the most of the height of the closet and take advantage of the vertical space. Maximize your vertical space with furniture and shelves, hang multiple levels of clothes rods, and also consider using hooks to hang accessories.
6. Arrange items logically. Utilize the floor plan you created and return each item to its designated area within the closet. Take into account how each item is used and the order in which you access them.
This will help make life easier and will make it easier to find things quickly.
Organizing an odd-shaped closet can be daunting but with the right strategies, you can make the most of the space and maximize the storage potential. Utilize the vertical space and add attractive storage solutions that make sense for the space.
Measure and plan out the closet, separate and group items and arrange everything logically. Following these steps can help you transform a difficult space into one that is well organized and efficient.
What can I do with a small linen closet?
A small linen closet can be a great asset in the home, making organization easier and efficient. Here are a few ideas on how you can make the most out of a small linen closet:
1. Take Inventory – Start off by taking stock of what items you need to store in the closet. This will help when organizing and determining how best to utilize the space.
2. Seek Out Helpful Storage Solutions -Linen closets don’t have to be complicated. There are tons of helpful storage solutions that can optimize closet space. Utilize shelving and stackable baskets to help keep items organized and accessible.
3. Use Multiple Levels of Storage – Utilize the vertical space in the closet by taking advantage of multiple levels of storage. This will help when trying to make the best use of the available space.
4. Leave Room for Fresh Towels – Make sure to leave some space for fresh towels so that they can be stored neatly and easily retrieved when needed.
5. Use Clear Jars – Using clear jars to store garage items like q-tips, cotton swabs, and band-aids is an easy way to keep them in plain sight. Plus, you can easily grab what you need without shuffling through different boxes, bags, and drawers.
By following these tips you can easily make the most of your small linen closet and make organization easier and more efficient.
How can I make my linen closet look nice?
Organization is key to making a linen closet look nice. Start by taking everything out and sorting items into categories such as sheets, pillowcases, towels, blankets and so on. Discard any items that are worn and stained, or items that are no longer necessary.
Once everything is sorted, consider using baskets and containers that can be labeled with the type of items stored, such as sheets, towels, and blankets. Also, consider using shelf risers to help keep items from sagging.
If possible, add labels to the baskets and containers, as this will make it easier to find what you need once everything is put back. If you have the space, line up containers so the front of the containers can be seen, as this will add a neat and tidy look to the closet.
Lastly, find a system that works best for you and stick to it; it’s important to stay organized and neat.
What do you call a wardrobe with shelves?
A wardrobe with shelves is often referred to as a shelved wardrobe, a wardrobe with shelves, or a wardrobe armoire. An armoire is basically a larger piece of furniture designed for storage, usually in the form of shelves, drawers, and hanging rods for clothing.
Wardrobe armoires are often used to store clothing and accessories. They come in a variety of materials including wood, metal, and wicker, and range in style from contemporary to traditional. Some wardrobe armoires even have sliding doors for more efficient storage.
What are different types of closets called?
When it comes to closets, the most common type is the walk-in closet, which is typically a large closet with enough room for hanging clothes, shelves for organizing items, and even room for a dresser.
Other types of closets include reach-in closets, which are more common in starter homes and apartments due to their smaller size; wardrobe closets, which are typically fitted with shelves, drawers, and hanging areas with enough space to store a variety of items; and hallway closets, which are usually shallow, narrow closets perfect for storing items such as coats and linens.
Some larger homes may feature specialty closets such as linen closets, pantry closets, craft closets, and even home office closets.
What are wall closets called?
Wall closets are typically referred to as wall units. Wall units are storage solutions that are built into the wall and create additional storage space for clothing, linens, and other items. Wall units are great for saving space, as they can be built to fit perfectly into walls and can be customized to fit all types of items.
These units can be used for additional storage in closets, hallways, and even bedrooms. Wall units also tend to add a nice decorative touch to any room as they can be tailored and customized to match the aesthetics of the room.
They are also an ideal way to make the most of wall space, making them a great solution for smaller or oddly shaped rooms.
What’s the difference between a closet and a wardrobe?
The primary difference between a closet and a wardrobe is their size and the item capacity. A closet typically refers to a smaller storage unit, much like those found in the bedroom or hallway of the home, which is designed to store a limited number of items such as clothing, accessories, shoes and occasionally books and linens.
Closets are made of a variety of materials, including wood and metal, and they’re often equipped with shelving and hanging rods. A wardrobe, on the other hand, is a much larger storage unit, such as an armoire, that’s typically larger and has more shelves, drawers, and hooks than a closet.
It’s also made of higher-quality materials, like wood or particleboard, and is commonly used to store an entire wardrobe. Closets are more commonly found in bedrooms, while wardrobes can be used in any room of the house.
What is a closet in British English?
In British English, a closet is a small space of storage area, usually a room, typically in a bedroom or bathroom. It often comes complete with shelves, compartments, and a rail for hanging clothes. Some closets also have lighting and/or a mirror for convenience when choosing outfits.
Closets are great for storing items that might otherwise not fit in other areas of the home. This could include winter outerwear, linens, toys and games, cleaning supplies, and more. They are often considered essential elements in any bedroom, and are an integral part of bedroom design.
With the proper organizing and planning, a closet can also be an effective way to keep the home organized and presentable.
When did closets replace wardrobes?
Closets began to become popular in the 20th century when people started to move from rural to urban areas. Wardrobes were all the rage before the 20th century, but with the population moving to more high density areas, closets began to become the preferred storage solution.
Those living in cities could not afford the space it took to install a wardrobe and so a closet provided a more space saving, but equally efficient storage solution. By the mid-20th century, closets had become a standard feature in most new homes.
This popularity has continued and closets are now common features in almost all homes, and in many cases, office spaces too.
Is wardrobe a British word?
No, wardrobe is not exclusively a British word. It is used in British English and several other varieties of English around the world, but it is not limited to British English specifically. Wardrobe is a French word derived from the Old French word “guarderobe” which literally means “guard-robe”, referring to a place to store one’s clothing.
The word was adopted into Middle English and eventually became what we know as wardrobe today. Wardrobe has since become a universal word used around the world, but it first became popular in French-speaking regions.
As British English is heavily influenced by French, the word was adopted into their English as well.